Online Resources for the Study of the Enochic (and related) Literature
(more links forthcoming…)
- The Enoch Seminar Online — http://www.enochseminar.org/drupal/
- 4 Enoch: The Online Encyclopedia of Second Temple Judaism — http://www.4enoch.org/wiki2/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Enoch Seminar Online Book Reviews — http://www.enochseminar.org/drupal/available-reviews
- Jewish Encyclopedia: Books of Enoch — http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/5773-enoch-books-of-ethiopic-and-slavonic
- University of St Andrews Lectures on Old Testament Pseudepigrapha — http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/divinity/rt/otp/abstracts/
- Jewish Roots of Eastern Christian Mysticism Seminar Online (with Enoch content) — http://www.marquette.edu/maqom/
- 1 Enoch Text and Related Resources — http://www.earlyjewishwritings.com/1enoch.html
- 1 Enoch Bibliography (Univ. of St Andrews) — http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/divinity/rt/otp/bibliog/dmf/1enoch/
- Bibliography of 1 (Ethiopic) Enoch by Thomas Knittel — http://www.uni-leipzig.de/~nt/asp/biblio/hen_aeth.htm
- James VanderKam (Univ. of Notre Dame) lecture on 1-2 Enoch — http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/divinity/rt/otp/guestlectures/vanderkam/
- Facts about 1 Enoch — http://www.inspiredbooks.com/1Enoch.htm
- “The Book of the Watchers (1 Enoch 1-36),” Abstract of Paper by Albert Lukaszewski — http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/divinity/rt/otp/abstracts/bwatchers/
- “The Similitudes of Enoch,” Summary of Lecture by James R. Davila — http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/divinity/rt/otp/abstracts/similitudes/
- “The Animal Apocalypse (1 Enoch 83-90),” Abstract of Paper by Sarah Hardcastle — http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/divinity/rt/otp/abstracts/animalapoc/
- “The Epistle of Enoch (1 Enoch 91-108),” Abstract of Paper by Gillian Gilmour — http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/divinity/rt/otp/abstracts/episenoch/
- “The Nature and Function of Revelation in 1 Enoch, Jubilees, and Some Qumranic Documents,” by George W. E. Nickelsburg — http://orion.mscc.huji.ac.il/symposiums/2nd/papers/Nickelsburg97.html
2 (Slavonic) Enoch:
- 2 Enoch Text and Related Links — http://www.earlyjewishwritings.com/2enoch.html
- 2 Enoch — Intro, Info, and Biblio by Andrei Orlov — http://www.marquette.edu/maqom/2enoch.html
- 2 Enoch Bibliography by Andrei Orlov — http://www.marquette.edu/maqom/secondenoch.pdf
- Metatron Bibliography by Meir Bar-ILan — http://faculty.biu.ac.il/~barilm/bibmetat.html
- “An Introduction to 2 Enoch,” Lecture by Grant Macaskill — http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/divinity/rt/otp/abstracts/2enoch1/
- 2 Enoch manuscripts (Slavonic) — 2 Enoch html Ms. R (with variants) (Part I Part II Part III Part IV) Ms. J (Part I Part II Part III) Ms. V
- Resources for Slavonic Pseudepigrapha — http://www.marquette.edu/maqom/pseudepigrapha.html
- Orlov, “Celestial Choirmaster: The Liturgical Role of Enoch-Metatron in 2 Enoch and Merkabah Tradition,” Journal for the Study of the Pseudepigrapha 14.1 (2004) 3-29.
- Orlov, “Noah’s Younger Brother Revisited: Anti-Noachic Polemics and the Date of 2 (Slavonic) Enoch,” Henoch 26 (2004) 172-187.
- Orlov, “‘Without Measure and Without Analogy:’ Shiur Qomah Traditions in 2 (Slavonic) Enoch,” Journal of Jewish Studies 56 (2005) 224-244.
- Orlov, Roles and Titles of Enoch-Metatron in 2 Enoch, an excerpt from A. Orlov, The Enoch-Metatron Tradition (TSAJ, 107; Tuebingen: Mohr-Siebeck, 2005).
- Orlov, “The Heirs of the Enochic Lore: ‘Men of Faith’ in 2 Enoch 35:2 and Sefer Hekhalot48D:10”
- Orlov, “Resurrection of Adam’s Body: The Redeeming Role of Enoch-Metatron in 2 (Slavonic)
- Enoch,” From Apocalypticism to Merkabah Mysticism: Studies in the Slavonic Pseudepigrapha(JSJSup., 114; Leiden: Brill, 2007) 231-236.
- Orlov, “The Heir of Righteousness and the King of Righteousness: The Priestly Noachic Polemics in 2 Enoch and the Epistle to the Hebrews,” Journal of Theological Studies 58.1 (2007) 45-65. PDF file.
- Orlov, “The Pillar of the World: The Eschatological Role of the Seventh Antediluvian Hero in 2 (Slavonic) Enoch,” Henoch 30.1 (2008) 119-135.
- Orlov, The Watchers of Satanail: The Fallen Angels Traditions in 2 Enoch (unpublished).
- A, Orlov, “On the Polemical Nature of 2 (Slavonic) Enoch: A Reply to C. Bottrich,” Journal for the Study of Judaism 34 (2003) 274-303.
- “Metatron as the Youth,” by Andrei Orlov — http://www.marquette.edu/maqom/metatronyouth.html
- “Metatron as the Prince of the World,” by Andrei Orlov — http://www.marquette.edu/maqom/metatronprinceworld.html
- “Metatron as the Deity: Lesser YHWH,” by Andrei Orlov — http://www.marquette.edu/maqom/metatronyhwh.html
- “Metatron as the Expert in Secrets,” by Andrei Orlov — http://www.marquette.edu/maqom/metatronsecrets.html
- “Metatron as the Scribe,” by Andrei Orlov — http://www.marquette.edu/maqom/metatronscribe.html
- “Etymology of the Name Metatron,” by Andrei Orlov — http://www.marquette.edu/maqom/metatronname.html
- “Enoch and Salvation,” Lecture by Grant Macaskill — http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/divinity/rt/otp/abstracts/2enoch2/
3 (Hebrew) Enoch:
- 3 Enoch Text and Related Links — http://www.earlyjewishwritings.com/3enoch.html
- Bibliography of 3 Enoch/Hekhalot Literature — http://faculty.biu.ac.il/~barilm/bibmyshk.html
- Abstract of paper on 3 Enoch by Bankole Davies-Browne — http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/divinity/rt/otp/abstracts/3enoch/
Book of the Giants:
- Summary of lecture on (Enochic) Book of Giants by James R. Davila — http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/divinity/rt/otp/abstracts/bgiants/
LDS Online Enoch Resources:
- The Vision of Enoch (Enoch material in chapters 6-8 of the Book of Moses, Pearl of Great Price) — http://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/moses/6.21.21-68?lang=eng#20
- Enoch the Prophet, by Hugh W. Nibley (book) — http://maxwellinstitute.byu.edu/publications/books/?bookid=53
- “Enoch Translated: A review of ‘1 Enoch 1: A Commentary on the Book of 1 Enoch, Chapters 1-36; 81-108′ by George W. E. Nickelsburg,” by John W. Welch — http://maxwellinstitute.byu.edu/publications/review/?vol=16&num=1&id=538
- “The Vision of Enoch: Structure of a Masterpiece,” by Terrence L. Szink — http://maxwellinstitute.byu.edu/publications/jbms/?vol=17&num=1&id=462
- “The Prophecy of Enoch as Restoration Blueprint,” by Terryl Givens — http://terrylgivens.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Prophecy-of-Enoch.pdf
- Enoch as the Expert in Secrets (Andrei Orlov).
- Enoch as the Mediator (Andrei Orlov).
- Enoch as the Scribe (Andrei Orlov).
- Enoch and Written Authorities in Testament of the 12 Patriarchs (Robert Kraft).
- Inheritance of Azazel (Andrei Orlov).
- Was the Goat for Azazel destined for the Wrath of God? (Jacqueline C.R. De Roo).
- The Flowing Stream (John C. Reeves).
- Ex 33 on God’s Face: A Lesson from the Enochic Tradition (Andrei Orlov).
- Enoch as Divine Mediator (James R. Davila).
- Second Oxford Lecture on the Development of Christology (discusses Enochic Son of Man) (Crispin Fletcher-Louis).
- Hekhalot Literature and Shamanism (discusses apotheosis of Enoch) (James R. Davila).
- Bibliography for Old Testament Pseudepigrapha (Univ. of St Andrews).
- Notes on the Study of Merkabah Mysticism and Hekhalot Literature in English (Don Karr).