The Academy for Temple Studies announces the publication of Enoch and the Temple, an e-book with texts and videos that were presented in February 2013 at the Enoch and the Temple conference. It is available from Deseret Book e-books, Amazon kindle, and Barnes and Noble Nook.
Three of the papers presented at the Enoch Conference in February 2013 are now available in the new issue of BYU Studies, 53:1 (2014). These three include:
They are available to read online for a small fee, unless you are a subscriber to BYU Studies. A print version will also be available soon.
The conference “The Lady of the Temple,” which took place on October 23, 2013, in Logan, Utah, was filmed. The videos are now available for free viewing in 1080p HD resolution, on the Academy for Temple Study’s website at this link, and on the Academy for Temple Studies YouTube channel.
Margaret Barker’s paper from the 2013 “The Lady of the Temple” Conference has now been posted to the website. You may read it here.
The Academy for Temple Studies announces a major update of “A Temple Studies Bibliography,” now available at the Academy’s website. It features over 500 new entries, bringing the total to over 8,000. Hundreds of minor corrections and changes have also been made to existing entries. To view just the updates check the Bibliography tab for “Additions to this Update.”
A detailed schedule, including abstracts of the presentations, has been posted for the upcoming “The Lady of the Temple” Conference which will take place in Logan, Utah, on October 23, 2013. Click here to see the schedule and abstracts.
Don’t forget to register for the conference, as seating will be limited.
PDF of proceedings book
The conference that was held in Logan, Utah, on October 29, 2012, entitled “Mormonism and the Temple: Examining an Ancient Religious Tradition” has had its proceedings published in book form. This book has been available to conference attendees, and for ordering for several months. The proceedings are now also available for free in PDF format for download. Click here to download the proceedings book.
This book includes presentations from the following:
- Gary N. Anderson, Philip L. Barlow, and John W. Welch, “About This Publication”
- Philip L. Barlow, “Welcome and Opening Comments by Presenters”
- Margaret Barker, “Restoring Solomon’s Temple”
- Laurence Paul Hemming, “Chapel, Church, Temple, Cathedral: Lost Parallels in Mormon and Catholic Worship”
- Margaret Barker and Laurence Hemming, “Questions and Answers”
- John F. Hall, “Ancient Mediterranean Temple Ceremonies: Vestiges of the Rites of Enoch and Precursors to the Hebrew Temple Ceremonial”
- John W. Welch, “The Temple, the Sermon on the Mount, and the Gospel of Matthew”
- Daniel C. Peterson, “A Divine Mother in the Book of Mormon?”
- Danel W. Bachman, “A Temple Studies Bibliography”
- LeGrande Davies, “Temples–Bridges of Eternity”
- John L. Fowles, “The Temple, the Book of Revelation, and Joseph Smith”
- John W. Welch and Presenters, “Closing Comments”
The Academy for Temple Studies and the Utah State University Religious Studies program announce a conference we believe may be of interest to you, entitled “The Lady of the Temple: Examining the Divine Feminine in the Judeo-Christian Tradition.” It will be held on October 23, 2013, on the campus of Utah State University. We invite you to save the date.
You may see more details and register on the Conference page of the Academy for Temple Studies website.