The conference “The Lady of the Temple,” which took place on October 23, 2013, in Logan, Utah, was filmed. The videos are now available for free viewing in 1080p HD resolution, on the Academy for Temple Study’s website at this link, and on the Academy for Temple Studies YouTube channel.
Margaret Barker’s paper from the 2013 “The Lady of the Temple” Conference has now been posted to the website. You may read it here.
The Academy for Temple Studies announces a major update of “A Temple Studies Bibliography,” now available at the Academy’s website. It features over 500 new entries, bringing the total to over 8,000. Hundreds of minor corrections and changes have also been made to existing entries. To view just the updates check the Bibliography tab for “Additions to this Update.”
A detailed schedule, including abstracts of the presentations, has been posted for the upcoming “The Lady of the Temple” Conference which will take place in Logan, Utah, on October 23, 2013. Click here to see the schedule and abstracts.
Don’t forget to register for the conference, as seating will be limited.
The conference that was held in Logan, Utah, on October 29, 2012, entitled “Mormonism and the Temple: Examining an Ancient Religious Tradition” has had its proceedings published in book form. This book has been available to conference attendees, and for ordering for several months. The proceedings are now also available for free in PDF format for download. Click here to download the proceedings book.
This book includes presentations from the following:
- Gary N. Anderson, Philip L. Barlow, and John W. Welch, “About This Publication”
- Philip L. Barlow, “Welcome and Opening Comments by Presenters”
- Margaret Barker, “Restoring Solomon’s Temple”
- Laurence Paul Hemming, “Chapel, Church, Temple, Cathedral: Lost Parallels in Mormon and Catholic Worship”
- Margaret Barker and Laurence Hemming, “Questions and Answers”
- John F. Hall, “Ancient Mediterranean Temple Ceremonies: Vestiges of the Rites of Enoch and Precursors to the Hebrew Temple Ceremonial”
- John W. Welch, “The Temple, the Sermon on the Mount, and the Gospel of Matthew”
- Daniel C. Peterson, “A Divine Mother in the Book of Mormon?”
- Danel W. Bachman, “A Temple Studies Bibliography”
- LeGrande Davies, “Temples–Bridges of Eternity”
- John L. Fowles, “The Temple, the Book of Revelation, and Joseph Smith”
- John W. Welch and Presenters, “Closing Comments”
The Academy for Temple Studies and the Utah State University Religious Studies program announce a conference we believe may be of interest to you, entitled “The Lady of the Temple: Examining the Divine Feminine in the Judeo-Christian Tradition.” It will be held on October 23, 2013, on the campus of Utah State University. We invite you to save the date.
The Academy for Temple Studies has added a new feature to its website. A tab entitled “Reviews” will provide a drop-down menu to three sections: 1) “Book Reviews,” and 2) “Article Abstracts.” This is in keeping with the Academy’s goal of providing useful information regarding the publication of materials about the Temple, and will be a valuable supplement to “A Temple Studies Bibliography.” Users may help build these collections by contributing reviews of books, articles and others items found in the bibliography. See details under the “Invitation” portion of “Reviews.”
A list of articles published over the years in BYU Studies which are relevant to the temple has become available: BYU Studies Articles on the Temple.